Monday, December 1, 2008

Much needed weekend away!!



Tim and I went to the everglades this weekend it was a much needed weekend away.

I am officially taking a Kayak off my Christmas list!! I did well all day but toward the end the trees were not moving out of my way and it was very narrow. It was all good and well until I ran over an alligator I didn't care for that much I felt it was the same as if I were in the a tube or if i dangled my feet over the edge we promptly headed back for home


by the marina

Don't worry mom we were far away and he's just sleeping :)



Mangroves

Yes thats really how narrow it was now just add corners.... we had to split our paddles in half and use it as a canoe paddle.

We have raccoons are our state parks they have turkey vultures

After found out that there was no where to buy firewood we decided that we needed to go for a walk. While adventuring in the dark we started gathering sticks and palm tree branches and made our selves a fire at night!

Our brand new tent never used from our wedding!! It was perfect it rained the last day and then tent was great!! We can't wait to use it again

It was an amazingly clear night and we thought that the stars just seemed brighter because it had been so long we forgot what they looked like but after much star gazing we both new we had never seen something so amazing it left us both speechless ( haha I know right) it was that good!

We had a rough start to our holiday weekend but still made to best of our camping adventure. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers we appreciate your support and love were just taking it a day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really not buying the story about being soooo far away . . . .thank goodness you still have your toes.